Become an Ambassador
Support your military community locally & strengthen the US military community globally.
We are who we serve
We are a collaborative community, and we need your help
- Use your life experiences to be of service
- Build relationships that could help rebuild lives
- Join a network of your peers working to strengthen us all
As an Ambassador you will be empowered with all the tools and resources you need to foster meaningful peer relationships and have a positive impact on people’s lives by encouraging connections with each other, and with V4W.
Ready to do this
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers.
What are the requirements for becoming an Ambassador?
- You must have a strong connection to the military; having worn the uniform, have a family member who has served, or have a compelling personal passion and respect for military service members.
- You must have the patience, compassion and a temperament that allows you to support others, without judgement.
- You must be ready to dedicate time regularly to being an active participate in our community.
- You must be willing to abide by our Rules of Conduct
What are your rules of conduct?
Rules of Conduct
As a V4W Ambassador and our representative out in the world, it is essential that in this capacity you conduct yourself in accordance with the highest ethical standards, and that your behavior remain consistent with our rules of conduct. If we should find that at any time you are representing V4W in a way that we find inconsistent with these rules, we will revoke your ambassador status and require you to delete any offending materials or postings immediately.
Our rules of conduct are as follows:
- Be respectful of every person when representing V4W both on and offline; never threaten violence or use or promote hate speech or hurtful conduct of any kind.
- As an ambassador, always conduct yourself in an ethical, moral, legal, and honest manner; do not include references to alcohol, cannabis, or any illegal substances or activities in any of your communications.
- Do not engage in activities or behaviors or create associations with organizations that would bring disrespect, embarrassment, or negative attention to V4W; this includes making sexually explicit comments or jokes, sharing inappropriate images, or promoting or supporting violent extremism of any kind.
- Refrain from making negative or disparaging statements about others in our name.
- Do not give diagnostic or therapeutic advice when offering support. Always direct connections to a qualified V4W peer support specialist for help.
What are my responsibilities as an Ambassador?
- You must be willing to proudly wear V4W branded items (that we will provide) when you are out in your community
- You must share V4W content on your social media channels
- You must keep your eyes open to identify opportunities for outreach
- You must be willing to build local relationships with relevant people, clubs, and organizations
- Whenever possible, you should represent V4W at relevant local events, answering questions, handing out promotional items, and directing those looking to for support to our website.
What support and tools can I expect to receive?
- 24/7 access to our peers, to support you, guide you, and answer your questions.
- Access to branded promotional items that you can hand out at community events to support your outreach efforts.
- Access to a Members Only Ambassador Portal; a comprehensive digital toolkit that contains everything you will need to foster meaningful connections.
In what states can I apply to be an Ambassador?
- You can apply to become an Ambassador in any state.
- You can also apply to be an Ambassador on any U.S. military bases anywhere in the world.
What do I have to do to become an ambassador?
- Complete our online application form.
- If you are unable to complete the online form, call us directly at 792.235.3355
- Complete your intake interview
Once your application form has successfully been submitted online you will receive a link to schedule a time for your intake interview.
If you emailed us your application, someone will contact you to schedule the interview
- Once approved, set up your preference for access to the Ambassador Portal and start making connections!
Get Started Here
Your Application & Volunteer Waiver Form
Online Application Form
Volunteer Waiver Form